Annie and Isabel and Gowns, oh my!

This blog post has been a long time coming, for sure. Every hospital stay I’ve had, every CT scan, every radiology “procedure” … ahem… surgery – had two things in common: teeny tiny me and massive triple-x hospital gown with questionable cleanliness, new-ness, and butt-covering-ness.  I became an expert at avoiding the hospital gown. When attending the hospital in May through October, I made it a policy to wear no bra, and a tube top:

 34933_579120316211_13001768_33822685_2256624_n

MEP, June 2010

Though my tactic was highly successful, at times I was still forced to wear the yuck-gowns which were thin, freezing cold because they barely covered me, and unless tucked around me like a baby-swaddle, exposed more of my chest than this tube top, if you get my drift.

After my life-saving double lung transplant on July 27, 2010, my sister received word that the Annie and Isabel company wanted to send me a gown to wear! To my surprise, they sent me two, and I wore them in heavy rotation, with my parents washing each and bringing them back to me. Even my surgeons called them my “designer gowns!”  They come in a lot of sizes, for me, very small, and so they actually wrap around my body and fit appropriately, while giving nurses and doctors the emergency access they might need with easy buttons and ties.

It was very fun to wear them and feel like a lady even on my worst days. Here are some pics:

annie2

MEP, July 2010 a few days after my tx. The gowns fit so well, you can wear a hooded sweatshirt over them!

annie3

MEP, August 2010, After a bit of a tough time, my first time outside in weeks! Sportin’ my gown for the summertime!

All in all, I really loved my Annie and Isabel gowns and I hope that lots of transplant patients get to use them. They make a wonderful gift for anyone you know that is looking at a future hospital stay, or is experiencing an unexpected one.

Thanks so much, Annie and Isabel !

MEP

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Beth!! We were so happy that you could wear our hospital gowns to give you some comfort, style and dignity. We so appreciate your post as this is every reason why we started our business. People like you give us the inspiration to continue to do what we do!!! More importantly, we have been so happy to see you doing so well. It brings a smile to our faces.
    Hugs,

    Anna & Selena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable gowns!!!!! I might have to get one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will be posted ! (probably)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only