Today I took my staycation to a whole new level: Retail Therapy. Which I discovered was actually cheaper, per hour, than actual therapy, which really got my medical-spending, spreadsheet-building wheels turning.
Remember when I used to write lots of top ten lists? Well, here is one.
Top Ten Totally Superficial Ways to Feel Better
1. Get a massage.
2. Get some sun, or if you are outlawed from any form of Vitamin D that doesn't come in a tiny blue capsule, congrats! You have CF, and you also can go sunless tanning. oooh.....
3. Shop for a new "little black dress."
4. Visit a totally girly store like the one I did, The Fairy Shoppe, in Boston. Buy something girly and fun.
5. Eat an ice cream. Yum!
6. Buy a piece of jewelry. I got new silver earrings with gold bases that will not make my ears itch. I will wear them everyday until I lose one.
7. Buy a gift for someone. I bought a math-themed t-shirt for a math-themed friend.
8. Get your nails done! OOOH, fancy.
9. Spend some time on a rooftop place in a pretty city and take in the yummy springtime air and surroundings. Pretend you are Snow White and chat with a bird, if one happens to come about.
10. Take yourself out for a hearty dinner and a martini or lemonade.
These tips may not make you feel completely better, but damn girl, you'll look good, and that is half the battle.