Top Ten Totally Superficial Ways to Feel Better

Wow, I thought I looked better in that photo but it only the tiny kitten that looks better, and even she looks pretty miserable. Get it? Blind kitty "looks" miserable. HAHAHAH.

Today I took my staycation to a whole new level: Retail Therapy. Which I discovered was actually cheaper, per hour, than actual therapy, which really got my medical-spending, spreadsheet-building wheels turning.

Remember when I used to write lots of top ten lists?  Well, here is one.

Top Ten Totally Superficial Ways to Feel Better

1. Get a massage.

2. Get some sun, or if you are outlawed from any form of Vitamin D that doesn't come in a tiny blue capsule, congrats! You have CF, and you also can go sunless tanning. oooh.....


3. Shop for a new "little black dress."

4. Visit a totally girly store like the one I did, The Fairy Shoppe, in Boston. Buy something girly and fun.

5. Eat an ice cream. Yum!

6. Buy a piece of jewelry. I got new silver earrings with gold bases that will not make my ears itch. I will wear them everyday until I lose one.

7.  Buy a gift for someone. I bought a math-themed t-shirt for a math-themed friend.

8.  Get your nails done! OOOH, fancy.

9. Spend some time on a rooftop place in a pretty city and take in the yummy springtime air and surroundings. Pretend you are Snow White and chat with a bird, if one happens to come about.

10. Take yourself out for a hearty dinner and a martini or lemonade.

These tips may not make you feel completely better, but damn girl, you'll look good, and that is half the battle.

Goodnight,
cg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only