Ways to Give Back: A Party for Pete

This Sunday's Way to Give Back is a special shout-out to my New England Readers! Last year, I had a wonderful time attending this event:

4th Annual Party for Pete

Saturday July 31st from 730-10pm @

The Wonder Bar in Allston

Mark you calendars!

Tell all your friends!

$40 includes food and open bar as well as 1 raffle ticket.


All $ goes to the Cystic Fibrosis foundation.

The Wonder Bar in Allston is a pretty jammin' joint, and the event celebrates the life of Peter James, who lost his battle to CF, and attended the same clinic as I do, currently. Peter's mother, Fern, is a former colleague of mine, and we met in the small world as it is - and I am proud to support her event, though I will not be able to attend this year. (Too jammin' for me)

I'm gonna keep it real on the highlights of this event so that even you non-CFers will consider attending:

1. Two words: Open. Bar.
2. Goooood foood.
3. Jammin' music.
4. Lots of hot guys in their twenties. For serious.
5. Lots of hot ladies in their twenties.
6. You add all that together and you have a good time on your hands.

I hope you plan to attend, as all proceeds directly benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.*

Other Ways-To-Give-Back Features this year:

Drew's Team
Angel Flight
Noah's Hope
Lymphangiomatosis & Gorham's Disease Foundation
Rock CF
American Cancer Society
Ronald McDonald House.

Rock on!
cg

*There is sometimes confusion that I, Cystic Gal, do not support the CFF because I often write that I believe that they do not adequately serve the adult CF population. I don' think they do, but that's only because they haven't had to! It is a "growing pain" of the organization because people like Pete, myself and all you readers are kickin' ass and takin' CF names and living until you have problems like osteoporosis and menopause. Rock on! In the meantime, the CFF struggles to find ways to keep us involved in this new germ-afraid, internet-based CF culture. I want to help them, help us, help them. You dig? That's all. I still raise and donate money to the CFF in a variety of ways.


Comments

  1. I am already signed up to go! Unfortunately I think I am double-booked (oh my brain) - will have to figure out what to do. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, CG for this great plug for the Party for Pete. I'm hoping next year you'll be there with your dancing shoes on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will be posted ! (probably)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only