Article Explaining The Waiting Game for Donor Lungs

A lot of people keep asking me, "When is your surgery happening?" "What is the news?" "Why haven't you had the surgery yet?"

There is certainly no way to predict the date of my surgery, the date that my place on the UNOS list will match with a donor in a narrow 4-12 hour window of blood work, travel, pre-op, consent, and indeed, grief.

Here is a formal article that helps explain the process in detail. Please read! One of the goals of my blog is to get patients and families to read more articles, studies, reports on their disease process. Be an informed patient, support person, and even consumer.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/lung_transplantation/hic_lung_transplant_finding_an_organ_donor.aspx

Love, CG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only