Patient Press, LLC Announces First Poetry Contest: "Putting It In Words: Poems About Cystic Fibrosis"
Wanna win $25 and a t-shirt*?
Wanna win $25 and a t-shirt*?
Who Should Submit:
The contest is open to all ages, Kindergarten through 110 years old!
CF patients and loved ones are all welcome to submit!
First time poets can take a crack at it!
Seasoned creative authors can use their creativity toward expressing their life with CF.
What You Should Submit:
Poetry and short prose are eligible for this contest.
We like funny poems. We like sad poems. We like goofy poems. We like angry poems. We like poems.
So many of you have poems on your blog and websites, those are all eligible.
How To Submit:
1. Please email email@example.com
2. Include your name and email address.
3. Copy your poem into the body of the email, with a subject SUBMISSION and your last name.
4. Please share if you are a CF or transplant patient, though you need not disclose this, or be this, to be win.
5. Please tell me if you are a previously unpublished author (other than self-publishing).
6. Click this button to pay a small submission fee of $1 per poem- that's right, one dollar! If you submit more than one poem, SUPER! Just edit the quantity in PayPal. This small fee will help offset the costs of running the contest, such as mailing the poems between judges and possibly publishing the works submitted.
WINNERS will be announced on the Patient Press Blog and other internets on June 15th!!!
WINNING POEMS will be posted for May and June!
WINNERS in each category (adult, child), will each win a t-shirt and $25*!
HONORABLE MENTIONS in each category will also win a t-shirt*!
If there are enough entries, poems will be published!
When You Should Submit:
The contest is open May 1st through May 31st!
Why You Should Submit:
Obviously, the CF community has a story to tell. More people should hear it! Let's express ourselves.
1. The contest is open May 1 - 31st, 2010
2. Please follow the submission guidelines above.
3. Family members of the judges are not eligible to win the contest, but may submit.
4. Work submitted must be original, and previously unpublished other than self-publishing.
5. The judges are:
Mary ElizaBeth Peters, Founding Director, Patient Press, CF patient and poet.
Theresa Peters, a Cystic Gal and bilateral lung transplant recipient who works full time as an accountant and has appeared as a guest blogger on CysticGal.
Kathleen Rooney, a founding editor of Rose Metal Press and the author, most recently, of the memoir Live Nude Girl: My Life as an Object and the essay collection For You, For You I Am Trilling These Songs. Her first book of poetry, Oneiromance (an epithalamion) was released in 2008 by the feminist publisher Switchback Books.
6. Don't you wanna submit? Don't ya? Don't ya?!!
7. Email me at PatientPress@gmail.com if you have any questions!
Alternative poetry forms (odd spacing, font or text break) can be submitting via USPS. Please email for more info.
You retain all rights to your work. Poetry will be posted for a limited time and removed upon your request.
Thanks for submitting!
*Prizes are subject to participation. Please get your friends to enter!