Tonight I share with you, (in addition to these hilarious and informative webcam photos), the third step in the Return to Yourself 2010 Plan,
or whatever the heck I called it in the last post.
Okay, remember the days of yester-month when I was all about The Cardio? Well, what a long strange trip it's been since July. And though, I still believe that the Top Ten Excuses Not to Exercise with CF can be easily debunked by The Reasons They Are Totally Crap (see earlier CG posts), I must admit that in my new, transplant-ready lung-capacity self . . .
Pure Cardio is Pure Torture.
I've given it up.
That's right. Goodbye only-thing-I'm-workin'-is-my-broke-ass-lungs.
Hello, again, yoga, weights, stretch, pilates-style muscle isolation and generally alternative exercise measures that don't make me feel like I'm drowning.
I have some seriously crappy lungs in here. But, I also have strong legs, amazing abs (under a newly-acquired belly, thank you Lupron, Prednisone, and general ass-sitting that is non-employment), and pretty decent arms/back/shoulders.
I have been maintaining these through these steps following my ICU trip this past fall:
1) Pulmonary Rehab: 12 weeks.
2) Exercise at home, daily (including cardio)
3) Basic, I mean really basic, weight training.
4) Returning over time to a very active lifestyle
5) Where I am now: shopping is my cardio (okay, window shopping) and every morning I start (after coffee and a good breakky) with working out legs, butt, abs/back, arms.
So, I got that going for me.
Who wants tickets to the gun show?