Why I Write the Blog the Way I Write the Blog

STATCOUNTER REPORT THIS WEEK:
Bold

MonTuesWedThurFriSatSunTotalAvg
Pageloads51727211130474442761
Unique Visitors4040467027383029142
First Time Visitors181522468221514621
Returning Visitors2225242419161514521

YAY READERSHIP! So many new of you this week!

AND- Congrats to the "Unleash Your Story"
Team Cystic Gal!
We were the NUMBER ONE EARNING TEAM THIS WEEK!


If you haven't donated to "Unleash Your Story" to help fight Cystic Fibrosis, you can do so by clicking
HERE . Every dollar counts, so consider donating today!

Okay, today was a big day. I got a wonderful email that helped clarify my truest motivation in writing this daily blog and letting whatever comes out, come out:

<<
Hey there,

[...] Anyway, word on the bloggy street is that you're starting the transplant process? I'd love to chat with you about it, although I'm sure as the sister of a post-transplant CFer you could probably fill up multiple books with everything I still don't know about the whole thing. I'm definitely learning as I go here, which I guess is what all of us do with this disease, seeing as it never seems to strike the same way twice. I have to say, though, that I read your recent transplant post and found it beautifully powerful -- I empathize so much with your sense of things moving faster than expected (this time last year I was told I was "too healthy" for transplant and probably had another 2 years or so before I needed to be listed, now they're discussing listing me at multiple centers to move the process along), but more than that I just can't stop wondering how this CF fits in with the "rest" of me, which has always been and still is for the most part extremely active and, well, healthy? At any rate, whether I'm projecting or not, I loved what you wrote and how you wrote it. There's so much about this whole mess that is difficult to express and put into words -- it's fun to come across someone so eloquent and accessible about it all. [...]

Hope you're doing well aside from dealing with all this shit right now. And, by the way, I totally swear by Bare Minerals makeup too, which has to say something about great cystic minds thinking alike!

Take care,
[...]
>>


I write the blog because I think that I have something to say that other people want to say, but have trouble saying. I write the blog because I think best by writing. I don't know what I think about something, sometimes, unless I write about it. So why not share that writing?

Okay. AND today I kicked some serious aaaaasssss at exercise and walked 1.3 miles in 30 minutes at a max of 3.2mph. I was hoping sweating that much would decrease my hot flashes, but so far, it has not. I am like Delta Burke up in here.

I think that is all.

Today I got the idea to post a video of my dancing around my house, since that is one thing that I do to stay fit and be in a good mood. What do you think? To post or not to post? This could be my project for tomorrow.

Goodnight from your sweaty, tired CG.

Comments

  1. POST The DANCE video! POST The DANCE video!POST The DANCE video!POST The DANCE video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And maybe it's a bonus that your vivid (and somewhat quirky)descriptions helps to educate those of us who truly know nothing about living with CF. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no doubt in my mind that you should post videos of DG...

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the people that I might compare you to, under a variety of circumstances, I would have never come to Delta Burke. And certainly not in a good way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will be posted ! (probably)

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only