The Current Health Update . . . "What's Goin' On? . . . Oh-ho . . . What's Goin' On-on."

This is where I will list my ever-changing health facts for all to see.

I live in new england.
I am 29 years old. I am a Gal.
I am active on the UNOS list for double lung transplant.
I have CF.
I do not have CFRelated Diabetes.
I have a history of Pulmonary Endometriosis.
I weigh about 100 lbs. and I'm 5' 1".
I just had my first Port-a-Catheter placed.
I can count 6 or 7 PICC-line placements in my life.
Prior to my first PICC line in the year 2000, I had not had a hospitalization since approximately 1988.
My health was managed with outpatient courses of oral antibiotics through my late childhood and adolescence.

The meds I take have not changed that dramatically since, I'd say, 1995.

I started a course of Lupron to control my pulmonary endometriosis in 8/09. This is my second course of Lupron ever. The last was in 2005.

As of November, we're down to 15% :(
As of 9/22/09, my darned FEV1 is back to 17 darned %.
As of 9/15/09, my FEV1 is 24%
As of 9/10/09, my FEV1 is 20%
As of 9/1/09, my FEV1 is 16%.
In May of 2009, my FVC was 31% Predicted (FEV1 22%) after a course of IV antibiotics.
Prior to that course, in October of 2008, my FVC was 43% (FEV1 28%) after a course of IVs.

I am single single single.
I have no kids and 2 cats.
I have very close friendships.
I have two siblings.
My parents are married and live far away from me.
My Csiblings also live far away from me.

My sister, CysticLady, has CF and is five and 1/2 years post-transplant. I believe that she and I carry the same CF gene (there are different variations, I believe we have the same one). My sister was transplanted at the age or 27.

My brother, CysticSibling, does not have CF, and I believe that he does not carry CF either.

There is no other history of CF in my family other than possibly a great great aunt on my mother's side who died very young.

I am a theatre artist and teacher by trade.

I work full time, though I'm currently on a leave to attend to my health.

Recent updates:
I am on continuous O2 that fluctuates greatly day by day. Today, I am on 3L at-rest, 3L sleeping through BiPap, more with formal exercise including yoga.

I wear a BiPap non-invasive ventilation machine at night. I have grown to like it. Sorta.

My diet incorporates lots of super foods like avocados, tomatoes and sweet potatoes.

That's all, folks. More later (I'm sure.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog by CysticLady: CF and Relationships Part II

One Night Only, One Night Only